Assistant Management Accountant
Salary: £25,000 to £26,588 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Location: Head Office, Seaton Burn, Newcastle combined with home working at present
About the role
Reporting to the Commercial Management Accountant, this is an exciting opportunity for someone currently working in Finance and looking for a new exciting role where there will be lots of opportunity to develop your skills and broaden your Finance experience. This is a new role to the Finance department and will have responsibility for:
- Assisting in the production of the Monthly Management Accounts ensuring all transactions are posted within agreed deadlines.
- Processing journals, accruals and prepayments and carrying out Variance analysis.
- Facilitating Management Accounts meetings
- Assisting in the Reforecast and budget setting process
About Concern Group
We are Concern Group, a leading provider of specialist mental health services incorporating Mental Health Concern and Insight Healthcare. The Charitable Group has a turnover of £33m with 800 staff and has grown from its regional routes into a large National organisation.
We provide different kinds of support for a wide range of needs, from talking therapies for individuals with anxiety, to wellbeing groups that help people become less socially isolated, through to 24-hour care for those with complex mental health issues – including late-stage dementia.
We believe no one should have to struggle on alone – we’re here to make sure they don’t.
This is an exciting time to join the Concern Group as we continue to deliver market leading services and push forward with a number of new and exciting initiatives at a local, regional and national level. We strive to influence strategic developments, helping to shape future health and social care delivery alongside people using our services, our commissioners and wider stakeholders.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a Finance related degree or demonstrable experience in a commercial finance role
- Are studying towards a formal accountancy qualification CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Can demonstrate excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Excel report writing
- Have experience of delivering reporting solutions to customers
- Can demonstrate knowledge of working with financial systems
- Are accurate with an eye for detail
- Have the ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
What we offer in return
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A defined pension scheme matching up to 5% of employee contributions
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Kelly Killeen, Commercial Management Accountant, on 0191 217 0377 and she will be happy to speak to you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com or via post to People Services, Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne & Wear, NE13 6DS
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 26th November 2020. Please apply at your earliest convenience as we may close the advert early dependant on numbers of applications received.
Interview and Assessment process will be held 7th December 2020. There will also be a second informal interview, on a date to be confirmed.
This post is subject to a DBS check, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.