Registered Mental Health Nurse (Bank)
Salary: £12.73 – £15.68 per hour depending on experience, plus enhancements
Contract: Bank work, subject to service need
Location: Newcastle and/or Gateshead
About the role
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced Registered Mental Health Nurses to join our 24-hour specialist mental health services. As a bank worker, you will work flexibly within our Adult and/or Older People’s Services and you will have the flexibility to choose working hours convenient to you, as discussed with your line manager.
As a valued member of our team, you will use your expertise to make a real difference to the lives of those we support. You will work with service users, their families and other carers to assess client need, develop support plans and implement planned interventions.
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England. It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
We offer a supportive culture that values work-life balance, a comprehensive induction to help you settle into your new role, as well as an enhanced pension scheme if you meet the eligibility requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We are looking for Bank RMN’s at all our Adult Services and Older People Services, as shown in the table below. Please visit http://www.mentalhealthconcern.org/our-services/ for further information about these services
- Coalway Lane (based in Swalwell, Gateshead) = call Jason Reeve (Service Manager) on 0191 488 6877 for further information
- Jubilee Mews (based in Gosforth, Newcastle) = call Justine Harrison (Clinical Lead) on 0191 213 0988 for further information
Older People Services
- Pinetree Lodge (based in Low Fell, Gateshead) = call David Lackenby (Service Manager) on 0191 477 4242 for further information
- Alderwood (based in Bensham, Gateshead) = call Deborah Smith (Service Manager) on 0191 477 7833 for further information
- Briarwood (based in Blaydon, Gateshead) = call either David Lackenby or Deborah Smith for further information
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a registered mental health nurse – we will also consider applications from newly qualified or nearly qualified RMNs
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a genuine desire to care for people experiencing mental ill-health
- Can appreciate that all our clients are individuals and take a person-centred approach in your work
- Have experience of working with people who present behaviours that challenge
- Can demonstrate an empathic attitude and can keep our values at the heart of what you do
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com
- In your application form, please state if you have a preference to any particular service(s), or alternatively let us know if you are happy to be considered for all services.
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
This advert is open until further notice
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.