Support Workers (Bank)
Salary: £8.72 – £9.52 per hour (depending on experience)
Contract: Bank work, subject to service need
Location: Newcastle and/or Gateshead
About the role
We are currently seeking experienced and committed individuals to join our 24-hour specialist mental health services as Support Workers. As a bank worker, you will work flexibly within our Adult and/or Older People’s Services and you will have the flexibility to choose working hours convenient to you, as discussed with your line manager.
To succeed in this role, you will be highly motivated with good communication and interpersonal skills, and a genuine desire to work with the client group(s). You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team in order to support our service users to achieve their own recovery goals. Ideally you will have previous experience of working with individuals with complex mental health needs, though this is not essential.
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England. It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
We offer a supportive culture that values work-life balance, a comprehensive induction to help you settle into your new role, as well as an enhanced pension scheme if you meet the eligibility requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We are looking for Bank Support Workers at all our Adult Services and Older People Services, as shown in the table below. Please visit http://www.mentalhealthconcern.org/our-services/ for further information about these services.
- Coalway Lane (based in Swalwell, Gateshead) = call Jason Reeve (Service Manager) on 0191 488 6877 for further information
- Jubilee Mews (based in Gosforth, Newcastle) = call Justine Harrison (Clinical Lead) on 0191 213 0988 for further information
Older People Services
- Pinetree Lodge (based in Low Fell, Gateshead) = call David Lackenby (Service Manager) on 0191 477 4242 for further information
- Alderwood (based in Bensham, Gateshead) = call Deborah Smith (Service Manager) on 0191 477 7833 for further information
- Briarwood (based in Blaydon, Gateshead) = call either David Lackenby or Deborah Smith for further information
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have knowledge and experience of working with people with complex mental health needs
- Have a genuine desire to work with this client group
- Are able to work well as part of team
- Have good communication skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with the people we care for
- Are able to recognise and maintain appropriate boundaries and awareness of safeguarding issues
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your application form, please state if you have a preference to any particular service(s), or alternatively let us know if you are happy to be considered for all services.
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
This advert is open until further notice
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date if a large volume of applications are received. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.