An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed and supportive individual to join our Medway Talking Therapies service as an Employment Advisor. In this role, you will be providing employment support within our IAPT service, ensuring we offer an integrated employment and therapy service which provides the best possible outcome for our client’s long-term recovery.
As an Employment Advisor, you will work as part of our supportive team to provide integrated individual packages of psychological therapy and employment support to people with common mental health problems who are:
- Struggling at work
- Wanting to retain their employment
- Exchange employment for another more suitable role
- Return to employment from a period of sickness absence from work
- Access employment for the first time or after a substantial period of absence from the labour market
You will be joining Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. Our Medway team is creative and innovative, providing free support to people struggling with common issues such as depression, anxiety, bereavement or family problems. As a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission, and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
Additional hours may occasionally be required to meet organisational deadlines.
The role is fixed term until March 2022 due to the current funding contract.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Experience of working in the mental health or social care sector, providing advice, guidance and employment support to people with disabilities or other vulnerable groups
- Very good organisational and time management skills with the ability to independently prioritise and effectively manage a range of tasks
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effectively working relationships
As a requirement of the role you will also need to be able to travel to multiple community venues throughout the Medway area to meet the demands of the service. This is possible with public transport, so a driving licence is not essential. The role also involves remote working from home.
What we offer in return
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- For more information about this role, please email Rebecca Comber (Senior Employment Advisor) via Rebecca.Comber@InsightHealthcare.org who will be happy to discuss the role with you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com. Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Wednesday 14th April 2021 with interviews to be held week commencing 19th April 2021.
Please note, the advert may close earlier without warning if a high volume of applications are received; therefore, please don’t delay in applying to avoid missing out.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of.