Link Worker – Ways to Wellness
Salary: £16,665 – £19,190 per annum, pro rata
Contract: Permanent, part-time (22.5 hours per week)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
We have an exciting opportunity for a supportive and committed individual to join our Ways to Wellness team as a Link Worker. In this role, you will help people to identify and work to overcome barriers by managing their long-term conditions through their own action plan. This will include areas such as:
- Taking up and sustaining physical activity
- Healthy eating/cooking
- Increasing social interaction
- Accessing welfare rights and other advice
- Supporting positive relationships.
You will support and empower the development of lasting behaviour changes to improve mental and physical wellbeing. You will work in partnership with the community in the West of the City; and with relevant statutory, voluntary or community agencies to improve the quality of life for individuals identified as having high health and social needs. You will participate in record keeping to identify individual achievement and monitor the effectiveness of the service.
Ways to Wellness is a social prescribing service for people with long term health conditions in the west of Newcastle. Its aims are to improve peoples’ quality of life and reduce their use of mainstream health services by enabling people to lead healthier lives and better manage their conditions. This service is delivered in partnership with other organisations and is partially funded by The Big Lottery Fund.
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of working with people from disadvantaged communities
- Understanding of referral and assessment processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in formal and informal settings
- Good written and record keeping skills
- Experience of working in the third sector and in a link worker/service navigator role
What we offer in return:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to Apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For more information about this role, please call Louise Cooke (Ways to Wellness Team Lead) at 0191 273 4495 who will be happy to help.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from email@example.com. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 27th August 2019
Group interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th September 2019, with individual interviews for successful candidates on Wednesday 11th September 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date if a large volume of applications are received. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.