An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and caring individual to join our team as a Navigator. In this role, you will work as part of a dedicated team to manage a caseload of participants in the local area, providing 1:1 support to help them overcome health barriers and move into employment and training. You will help participants to accept, adjust to and when able recover from physical and/or mental health conditions. You will be responsible for supporting them through every stage of their journey, addressing barriers to engagement and introducing activities to support progression into education and employment.
Moving on Tyne & Wear (MOTW) is joint funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund and aims to support people with a range of complex needs across Tyne and Wear to move towards or into training and employment.
MOTW is led by Mental Health Concern (MHC) and supported by 8 other partner organisations, each with a well-established commitment to deliver community-based services for people with complex needs, to make lasting and positive change and to move, in time, into training and employment.
Mental Health Concern is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience in supporting people with health problems to access mainstream activities and resources which will help them to better manage their conditions and move towards or into employment
- Have experience of working in communities and engaging workless participants
- Are flexible in your approach to work
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team
It is essential that you hold a valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle, as you will be required to travel to various locations within the local area. Additional hours may occasionally be required to meet organisational deadlines.
What we offer in return
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to Apply
For further information about this post, please call Derek Francis, Senior Navigator on 07921 697725 who will be happy to help you.
The Job Pack for this role is attached. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential you read these documents prior to applying for the role. To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address or phone number provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is 3rd May 2021
Interviews are expected to take place on 14th May 2021
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.