Navigator – Moving On Tyne & Wear
Salary: £16,873 – £19,430 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract due to end June 2021
Location: North Tyneside
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and caring individual to join our team as a Navigator. In this role, you will work as part of a dedicated team to manage a caseload of participants in the local area, providing 1:1 support to help them overcome health barriers and move into employment and training. You will help participants to accept, adjust to and when able recover from physical and/or mental health conditions. You will be responsible for supporting them through every stage of their journey, addressing barriers to engagement and introducing activities to support progression into education and employment.
Moving On Tyne & Wear (MOTW) is joint-funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund, and aims to support people with a range of complex needs across Tyne and Wear to move towards or into training and employment.
MOTW is a project is led by Mental Health Concern (MHC) and supported by 10 partner organisations, each with a well-established commitment to deliver community-based services for people with complex needs, to make lasting and positive change and to move, in time, into training and employment.
Mental Health Concern is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
Please note, this is a fixed-term post for up to 12 months.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience in supporting people with health problems to access mainstream activities and resources which will help them to better manage their conditions and move towards or into employment
- Have experience of working in communities and engaging workless participants
- Are flexible in your approach to work
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team
It is essential that you hold a valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle, as you will be required to travel to various locations within the local area. Additional hours may occasionally be required to meet organisational deadlines.
What we offer in return:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to Apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For further information about this post, please call Sarah Halliwell, Senior Navigator, on 07917639133 who will be happy to help you.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to email@example.com or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 24th November 2019
Interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 5th December 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.