Registered Mental Health Nurse (Adult Services)
Salary: Core role salary range £24,910 – £30,679, plus enhancements. Average earnings with enhancements are expected to range from £26,107 – £34,667. Salary point will depend on qualification and experience.
Hours: Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Tyne and Wear
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse to join our specialist team. As a valued member, you will use your expertise to make a real difference to the lives of those we support. You will be working with people who have spent long periods of time in specialist hospital secure units and have multiple complex needs, including personality difficulties, psychosis, substance misuse, and forensic histories. You will work with the team to support these individuals to transition into the community setting.
You will work within one of our CQC-registered 24-hour specialist adult nursing services; either Jubilee Mews (based in Gosforth, Newcastle) or Coalway Lane (based in Swalwell, Gateshead). We work with people to understand and manage their mental health condition, as well as to develop and practise the skills which are important to live a satisfying life. We focus on ‘recovery’ – wellbeing as well as good physical health. Both services are located in quiet residential areas, within easy reach of public transport links and amenities. For further information about our Adult Services, please visit https://www.mentalhealthconcern.org/our-services/adult-services/
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a registered mental health nurse, with a NMC pin – we will also consider applications from newly qualified or nearly qualified nurses. Or registered learning disability nurses with recent relevant experience in an adult mental health setting
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a genuine desire to care for people experiencing mental ill-health
- Can appreciate that all our clients are individuals and take a person-centred approach in your work
- Have experience of working with people who present behaviours that challenge
- Can demonstrate an empathic attitude and can keep our values at the heart of what you do
What we offer in return
- NHS Pension (subject to eligibility)
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the information pack, job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying for the role.
- For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Justine Harrison (Clinical Lead at Jubilee Mews) on 0191 213 0988 and she will be happy to help you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
This advert is open until further notice. Please do not delay your application, as we may close without warning once sufficient applications have been received.
Interview dates are to be confirmed
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.