Registered Mental Health Nurse (Older People Services)
Salary: Core role salary range £23,520 – £30,679 pa plus enhancements (average earnings with enhancements are expected to range from £26,107 – £34,667). Salary point will depend on qualification and experience.
Hours: Full time and part time roles available
Available Locations: Briarwood (Blaydon), Pinetree Lodge (Low Fell) and Alderwood (Gateshead)
Welcome Bonus: £1,000 payable upon successful completion of 6 month probationary period
We have a number of exciting opportunities for qualified and skilled Registered Mental Health Nurses to join our specialist teams based in Gateshead or Blaydon. Our vacancies include full time, part time, permanent and temporary roles. To be successful in the role, you will be passionate about delivering person centred care, possessing good communication and interpersonal skills. Ideally, you will have recent experience caring for older people.
You will be joining a team of professionals within one of our three specialist homes: Alderwood, Pinetree Lodge or Briarwood, which provide dementia, respite and assessment and supportive rehabilitation services for older people. In order to provide the best care for our residents, we have highly trained staff available 24 hours a day, and our nurses are supported by specialist Support Workers. If you would like to find out more information about the individual homes, please visit our website: http://www.mentalhealthconcern.org/our-services/older-peoples-services/
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a registered nurse
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a genuine desire to care for older people experiencing mental ill health or suffering from dementia
- Can appreciate that all our clients are individuals and take a person-centred approach in your work
- Have experience of working with people who present behaviours that challenge
- Can demonstrate an empathic attitude and can keep our values at the heart of what you do
What we offer in return:
- NHS Pension (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For an informal discussion regarding these posts, please contact Deborah Smith (Service Manager at Pintree Lodge) on 0191 477 4242 or Rebecca Nisbet-Carlile (Service Manager at Briarwood) on 0191 414 8374 and they will be happy to speak to you.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to email@example.com or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
This advert is open until further notice, due to the urgency of filling these posts. There will be no warning before the advert closes, so please don’t hesitate to apply to avoid missing out.
Interview dates are to be confirmed.
This post is subject to a DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.