Registered Mental Health Nurse (Older People Services)
Salary: Core role salary range £23,520 – £30,679 per annum, based on full-time hours plus enhancements. Average earnings with enhancements are expected to range from £26,107 – £34,667. Salary point will depend on qualification and experience.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) and part-time considered
Location: Bensham, Gateshead
Welcome Bonus: £1,000 payable upon successful completion of 6 month probationary period
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and skilled Registered Mental Health Nurses to join our specialist team supporting older people who have dementia and their families. We have one full-time position available, but we will consider appointing two or more part-time nurses to fill this vacancy. To be successful in the role, you will be passionate about delivering person centred care, possessing good communication and interpersonal skills. Ideally, you will have recent experience caring for older people.
You will be working at Alderwood, which is a 24-hour care unit based in Bensham, Gateshead. Alderwood offers two kinds of services to older people, but we are specifically looking for nurses to join our Respite and Assessment team which primarily focuses on dementia care. In this role, you will help people to understand and manage their condition, as well as supporting them to live well and independently in the community. In order to provide the best care for our residents, we have highly trained staff available 24 hours a day, and our nurses are supported by specialist Support Workers. If you would like to find out more information about Alderwood, please visit our website http://www.mentalhealthconcern.org/our-services/older-peoples-services/alderwood-respite-assessment/
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a registered nurse
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a genuine desire to care for older people experiencing complex mental health needs
- Can appreciate that all our clients are individuals and take a person-centred approach in your work
- Have experience of working with people who present behaviours that challenge
- Can demonstrate an empathic attitude and can keep our values at the heart of what you do
What we offer in return:
- NHS Pension (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For an informal discussion regarding this position, please contact Deborah Smith (Service Manager) on 0191 477 7833 who will be happy to speak to you.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
This advertisement is open until further notice due to the importance of filling this role. Please note, there may be no warning of when this advert will close, so do not delay in applying.
Interview dates are to be confirmed.
This post is subject to a DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.