Senior Link Worker – Moving Forward Newcastle
Salary Band: £19,190 – £22,220
Hours: 37.5 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate individual with excellent Link Worker experience to join our Moving Forward Newcastle Team as a Senior Link Worker. You will have responsibility for a range of administrative roles including audit, petty cash recording and risk assessment as well as holding your own caseload.
You will be joining our Moving Forward Newcastle service which provides innovative, recovery focused support to people who have experienced mental ill-health supporting them to get back on their feet. With support from our dedicated team we help people develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to access community resources, develop lasting friendships and to re-enter education and work. We achieve this by providing opportunities for education, training and work through promoting empowerment and peer support.
Moving Forward Newcastle is part of Mental Health Concern which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are an experienced link worker/ social prescriber
- Possess up to date knowledge of how mental health and related issues can affect adults
- Have experience of effective action planning
- Are able to work to deliver required performance targets
- Develop positive working relationships with individuals, colleagues and partnership organisations and have strong interpersonal skills.
In return, we will offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form.
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Natalie Harrison, Senior Team Lead or Jon Hamilton, Team Lead on 0191 222 324 and they will be happy to speak to you.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to email@example.com or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 26th August 2019
Group Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th September and second stage interviews for successful candidates are expected to be held on Thursday 5th September.
This post is subject to a DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.