Specialist Supported Housing Manager
Salary band: Band G (£40,905 – £47,552 per annum, depending on experience)
Hours: Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: North East of England
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housing Practitioner to join our Housing with Care and Support team in this key leadership role. Working closely with the Head of Adult and Housing Services, and Clinical Team Leads, you will be responsible for:
- Providing day to day operational management oversight and leadership to a range of services which include the provision of: Newcastle Supported Housing, Gateshead Supported Housing, EIP Supported Housing, Step Ahead Housing
- Implementation of the Service`s Strategic development plan for the expansion of the Step Ahead Housing Service across Tyneside/Northumberland in conjunction with the Head of Service.
You will be leading teams which currently provide intensive housing and support services across Newcastle and Gateshead for people with enduring mental health problems and young adults experiencing a first episode in psychosis and drug and alcohol related issues.
With bases in Gosforth and Gateshead and we enable people to maintain their tenancies within the community and move on to more independent settings where possible.
Our team is part of Mental Health Concern which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are based across the UK and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have extensive experience of working at a senior level within Social/Supported Housing Sector in services which provide support to vulnerable people.
- Have a relevant qualification in housing and/or management.
- Have experience of managing team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are flexible in your approach to work
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team
- As a requirement of the role you must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post and have access to your own vehicle which you can use for work purposes. Additional hours may occasionally be required to meet organisational deadlines.
What we offer in return
- NHS Pension (subject to eligibility), or alternatively an enhanced pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- For further information on the role, please contact Alan Thompson (Head of Housing with Care and Support) on 07761826690 and he will be happy to speak to you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is 15th January 2021
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 28th January 2021
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.