Salary: £17,051 per annum
Contract: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week)
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and committed individual to join our team as a support worker at Jubilee Mews, which is one of our 24-hour specialist adult nursing services based in Gosforth, Newcastle.
As a support worker you will be a vital member of our professional and welcoming team. Using your previous experience of working with people with complex mental health needs and good communication skills you will work alongside our staff nurses and clinical lead to support our service users to take the next step in their personal recovery. You will work closely with our qualified Mental Health Nurses in the planning, implementation and evaluation of our service users’ care to ensure they can participate fully in both home and community life. This will include undertaking a range of activities with our service users including participating in community based activities and shopping, cooking and cleaning.
To succeed in this role, you will be highly motivated with good communication and interpersonal skills, and a genuine desire to work with this client group. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team in order to support our service users to achieve their own recovery goals.
Jubilee Mews is located in a residential area within easy reach of public transport links and amenities. The services consists of three 4-bedroomed houses and a staff annex. We often work with people who have spent long periods of time in specialist hospital secure units and have multiple complex needs, including personality difficulties, psychosis, substance misuse, and forensic histories.
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England. It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission, and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have knowledge and experience of working with people with complex mental health needs
- Have a genuine desire to work with this client group
- Are able to work well as part of team
- Have good communication skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with the people we care for
- Are able to recognise and maintain appropriate boundaries and awareness of safeguarding issues
In return, we will offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to Apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form.
If you would like more information on this role, please call Jubilee Mews on 0191 213 0988 and ask to speak to Justine Harrison. All will be happy to help with any questions you have.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com.
Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st October 2020
Interview dates are to be confirmed
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date if a large volume of applications are received. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.