Salary: Band C (£23,230 – £36,664 per annum)
Contract: Permanent full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Therapists/Counsellors to join our National Team based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Working across a number of contracts including IAPT and our Employee Assistance Programme, you will deliver therapy via telephone and other digital communication methods (e.g. Skype and Web Chat) with clients who have a range of problems for which counselling is demonstrated to be clinically effective.
You will be joining Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. Our National Team is well established, offering high and low intensity interventions and counselling across the area; they are making their mark as a growing centre of clinical and administrative support. As a key member of the team, you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission, and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- A counsellor/psychotherapist who is BACP/UKCP accredited or equivalent
- Experience of working on a mental health helpline
- Experienced working within a primary care mental health service
- Experienced in delivering short term counselling therapy and able to build strong therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Able to work with clients who may present as highly emotive and at times present as aggressive or difficult
- Experience worked in a service where agreed targets are in place
- Can keep our organisational values at the heart of everything you do
In turn we can offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay and salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to Apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For further information or to discuss this role further, please contact Teresa Rogers, Senior Therapist, on 0300 123 4502.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from email@example.com. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 20th August 2019
The interview date is to be confirmed
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date if a large volume of applications are received. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.