Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Salary: £18,620 – £21,140 depending on skills and experience
Hours: Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week)
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for highly resilient and motivated individuals to join our friendly Bassetlaw Team as Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners. This is the perfect opportunity to further develop in your career, studying alongside other Low Intensity Trainees, with an organisation that is recognised for developing individuals and has an excellent reputation at both a local and national level.
We have a strong reputation for professional development, and you will be fully supported to develop your clinical skills whilst you study for your post graduate Low Intensity Course.
Studying at the University of Sheffield once a week, you will spend the remaining days with us, complimenting your learning and developing your skills through the delivery of low intensity interventions and comprehensive psychological assessments to support our wide range of clients. The role will also include signposting and referral onto other organisations including secondary care services. The course will be initially delivered remotely, with the possibility of some face-to-face delivery in the future.
This is a challenging but rewarding role, where you can develop your skills and experience and work as part of a professional and highly experienced team to make a real difference to people’s lives.
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience of working with people to improve their mental health and wellbeing. You will be highly resilience and be committed to your learning and continuous professional development. You will also be educated to degree level preferably in a related field (e.g. psychology).
You will be joining Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. Our friendly and professional Bassetlaw teams offer high and low intensity interventions and counselling across the area. As a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Evidence of working with people who have suffered with a mental health problem
- Degree educated ideally in a related field (e.g. psychological or behavioral science)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Highly resilient with the ability and desire to become a qualified PWP
- Able to work to required performance targets
- Able to attend a University course provided by the University of Sheffield
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service and client need
What we offer in return
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- For further information, please contact Lisa Booth, Service Lead via booth@InsightHealthcare.org who will be happy to help you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is midnight 24th January 2021. Please note, the advert may close earlier without warning if a high volume of applications are received; therefore, please don’t delay in applying to avoid missing out.
Interviews are expected to be held on the week commencing 1st February 2021
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.