Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Salary: £18,407 – £22,498
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Birkenhead, Merseyside
As a Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner in our Wirral team you will have the opportunity to develop your career, studying alongside other Low Intensity Trainees, with an organisation that is recognised for developing individuals and has an excellent reputation at both a local and national level.
We have a strong reputation for professional development, and you will be fully supported to develop your clinical skills whilst you study for your undergraduate or post graduate Low Intensity Course (depending on prior qualifications). Studying at Liverpool John Moores University two days a week, you will spend the remaining days with us, complimenting your learning and developing your skills through the delivery of low intensity interventions and comprehensive psychological assessments to support our wide range of clients. As the course progresses, your time spent at University will reduce to one day a week.
The PWP course provided by the University is recognised for its high quality and we have a strong track record of successfully supporting our trainees through their studies. You will be studying alongside other colleagues who are also completing the same course and will be guided by our highly knowledgeable and approachable PWP Team Lead. In addition, you will receive support to further develop your skills and career with access to a range of CPD opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you must be highly resilient and committed to developing your career within our IAPT services. You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience of working with people to improve their mental health and wellbeing. In order to meet the academic requirements of the course you should be either be educated to degree level in a related field (e.g. psychology) or have significant experience of working with people who have experienced mental ill health and be able to study at degree level.
You will be joining Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. Our friendly and professional Peterborough team is well established, offering high and low intensity interventions, including GSH, Silvercloud, Counselling, EMDR, IPT, Counselling for Depression and workshops across the area. As a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
Please note that you will need to be available to start with us on 28th October 2020. Although this training course lasts 12 months, you will be recruited on a permanent contract and promoted to a Qualified PWP position within our service on successful completion of the course providing all other relevant criteria have been met.
We would love to hear from you if you are able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree educated ideally in a related field (e.g. psychological or behavioral science), or significant experience of working with people who have experienced mental ill health including anxiety and/or depression
- Proven track record of working positively with people who have experienced a mental ill health
- Highly resilient with the ability to meet the attendance and academic requirements of the course, whilst also working for our Wirral Service.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Able to work to required performance targets
- Committed to improving access to psychological therapies in the local area
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service and client need
In return, we will offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For further information, please email Paul Evans (PWP Lead) through Paul.Evans@Insighthealthcare.org, who will be happy to help you.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 6th August 2020. Please do not delay your application as we often experience a high number of quality applications and may consider closing the advert early.
Interview dates are to be confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.